Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our Story or God's Story


"Our problem is that we think of ourselves as being at the center of our world. We think of our lives as a story and, if we're Christians, God is one of the characters in our story. We look for him when we need him and expect him to be grateful when we serve him. He's a lovely piece of our story, but we still think of it as our story. But it's not our story. It's God's story... We exist to give him glory"
Tim Chester
You Can Change page 106



"But he said to me,
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment